Helpful Link Resources
Here you'll find links to helpful resources, educational materials, organizations which can provide suggestions or directions, and links to crime victim service programs.
The links are organized into general categories, then presented by country. Links to international or general services are listed at the top of each category; these include:
- Advocacy Organizations: Organizations, services and businesses which advocate with government for stronger laws against cyberstalking, improved security on the Internet, and more protections or services for victims.
- Cell Phones: Information specifically on and about cell phones and mobile devices and how they can be used in cyberstalking
- E-Mail: Information specifically on and about the use of e-mail in cyberstalking, including organizations and services which can be used in tracking down an offender, as well as safety tips.
- Public Education: General information on what cyberstalking is, how it can be detected, how it can be prevented, and what to do if you become the target of a cyberstalker.
- Reporting and Assistance Agencies: There are a number of organizations which provide free information and self-help tips for victims of cyberstalking. Several also take reports of cases of cyberstalking; so of these organizations share this information with police, while others attempt to assist the victim using only their staff.
- Safety and Privacy Resources: These links provide contact with a wide variety of organizations and services - from privacy rights groups to domestic violence organizations - which offer tips, factsheets and suggestions on safe Internet practices.