Links Topic: Research and Statistics Links
- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 159.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_term_node_tid::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/modules/taxonomy/views_handler_filter_term_node_tid.inc on line 302.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/cybersta/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association
The Shadowserver Foundation gathers intelligence on the darker side of the internet.
Canadian Cyberstalking Victmization Crowdmap Project
In Canada, cyberstalking is defined as a pattern of criminal harassment via electronic networks which creates a reasonable fear for life and safety.
Canadian statistics on cyberstalking victimization are rarely available to the public. This crowdmap project seeks to provide cyberstalking victims with a voice, by allowing them to anonymously raise their hand to show they have, or are, being stalked online by someone who makes them fear for their life.
A crowdmap is geographical database of anonymous reports from the public, collected by voluntary participation, a tactic known as crowdsourcing.
Reports can be filed through there secure web site, via e-mail, and through apps available for iPhone and Android smartphones. The anonymous data collected will be screened for privacy reasons, and the resultant data made publicly available via the site's mapping and data filtering system.
Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime
A leader in advocacy for victims and survivors of violent crime in Canada. They are a national, non-government agency located in Ottawa, Ontario and bilingual services are available. All services are free of charge and confidential.
Privacy and Cybercrime Institute
The Privacy Institute, located in Ryerson University, research privacy and cyber crime issues.
Victims of Violence
Victims of Violence provides long term support and guidance to victims of violent crime and their families.
Council of Europe Cybercrime
This site tracks information on the Convention on Cybercrime and its Protocol on Xenophobia and Racism; the Cybercrime Convention Committee (T-CY), and the Project on Cybercrime.
University of Dublin Centre for Cybercrime Investigation
The Center for Cybercrime Investigation is an education and research centre with strong relationships with law enforcement and industry.
Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Honour Based Violence (DASH 2009) Risk Identification, Assessment and Management Model
A recently developed risk assessment tool for law enforcement and social service agencies.
Network for Surviving Stalking
NSS represents UK stalking victims and their families, including victims of cyberstalking.
Protection Against Stalking
They advocate for early and effective risk identification, assessment and management to keep victims safe and hold perpetrators to account.
State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws, National Conference of State Legislatures
Many states have enacted "cyberstalking" or "cyberharassment" laws or have laws that explicitly include electronic forms of communication within more traditional stalking or harassment laws. In addition, recent concerns about protecting minors from online bullying or harassment have led states to enact "cyberbullying" laws. This chart identifies only state laws that include specific references to electronic communication. However, other state laws may still apply to those who harass, threaten or bully others online, although specific language may make the laws easier to enforce. This chart classifies the various state laws addressing these three different types of online behaviors, as described below.
National Center for Victims of Crime Stalking Resource Center
The Center provides information and advocacy on victims of stalking, including cyberstalking, and makes referrals to appropriate social service agencies.
National Network to End Domestic Violence SafetyNet Project
The Safety Net Project provides information on ways to use technology strategically to help find safety and escape domestic violence, dating violence, sexual violence, stalking and abuse.
Working to Halt Online Abuse
WHOA seeks to fight online harassment through education of the general public, education of law enforcement personnel, and empowerment of victims.